Ms. Paik is a registered patent attorney and senior associate at Tutunjian & Bitetto, P.C., where she brings over 17 years of experience in the field of Intellectual Property law. Ms. Paik's practice is concentrated in utility and design patent prosecution, as well as the preparation and prosecution of trademark applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). With a specialty in comprehensive intellectual property prosecution, Ms. Paik handles all aspects of patent and trademark prosecution as well as disputes administered by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). Ms. Paik also advises clients in patent, trademark and copyright infringement matters, including providing infringement analyses, written opinions, handling cease and desists, negotiating settlement and licensing agreements and representing clients in trademark Opposition and Cancellation Actions before the TTAB.
Additionally, Ms. Paik handles all aspects of international patent and trademark prosecution. This includes international patent prosecution through the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) and its two phases (the PCT international phase and the PCT national stage), the filing of Madrid Protocol international trademark applications via the USPTO, as well as handling and coordinating trademark prosecution abroad with a network of foreign associates. Ms. Paik also works closely with foreign intellectual property law firms to file and prosecute their client's patent and trademark applications in the United States.
Admitted to bar, New York, 1999
Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2000.
Admitted to U.S. District Court (Eastern District of New York and Southern District of New York), 2011.
J.D., 1998 - Temple University, James E. Beasley School of Law
- Dean's Honor List Spring 1997; Placed 5th out of 26 teams in 1996 ABA Negotiation Competition at Temple Law
- Steering Committee Co-Founder/Coordinator/Performer for Temple Law Performing Arts Guild
B.A., 1995, Biological Sciences - Rutgers College, The State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick
- Dean's List Fall 1991, Spring 1992; Awarded General Honors Scholarship 1991-1992
- Completed Rutgers College Honors Seminar Curriculum: 3.83 GPA
Prior to joining Tutunjian & Bitetto, P.C., Ms. Paik began her career as a patent prosecution attorney at an Intellectual property law firm in Nassau County. Her work in patent prosecution encompasses the technical fields of biomedical and surgical devices, bioengineering, chemical sciences, biotechnology, and mechanical devices and systems, as well as optics, textile engineering, e-commerce, computer software/hardware systems, mobile and digital communications, information technology, video processing, speech recognition/synthesis systems, network communications and digital media.
- "Patent Reform - Overview of the New Requirements for Post-Grant Review and Inter Partes Review" (The Nassau Lawyer, Focus Issue on Intellectual Property, January 2012)
- Highlights the Patent Law Reform changes enacted in September 2011 on the procedures relating to the newly implemented Post-Grant Review and the revised Inter Partes proceedings.
- "Green Technology Patents: Protecting Innovation" (The Nassau Lawyer, Focus Issue on Intellectual Property, November 2013)
- In recognition of the importance of the development and implementation of green technologies in mitigating climate change, governments around the world have recently acknowledged the value of 'green patents' in furthering efficiency, climate protection, green businesses and competitiveness on a global scale.
- New York State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section, Member
- Board of Directors - Director/Officer November 2012 - December 2014: Accountant Attorney Networking Group, Inc. (AANG)
- Huntington-Oyster Bay Audubon Society, Member
- Board of Directors - Member: Long Island Native Plant Initiative, Inc. (LINPI) – an organization dedicated to protecting the genetic integrity and biodiversity of Long Island native plant populations and to propagate and promote locally sourced ecotypic plant materials for use in nursery, landscaping, and habitat restoration on Long Island.
Edward P. Ryan
Ed Ryan is a patent attorney with a background in Physics and has patent experience in a wide array of technological fields. Mr. Ryan performs patent prosecution, trademark prosecution, and litigation both at an administrative level and at the Federal level. Mr. Ryan has argued appeals before United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the Appellate Division for the First Department of New York.
Mr. Ryan's degree in Physics makes him a jack of all trades, with experience in software, electronics, semiconductors, wireless technologies, and mechanical devices. Clients appreciate his ability to quickly understand their technologies at every level and to render them in clear language.
Admitted to the New York State Bar, March 2009
Registered Patent Attorney with the United Stated Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2008
- Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment Law Journal; Associate Editor
- Murray Award for Public Service, magna cum laude
B.S. Physics, Carnegie Mellon University, 2005
- Student Senate, Business Affairs Committee Chairman
- Senior Leadership Award, 2005
Harry A. Hild
Harry Hild is an intellectual property attorney having greater than 10 years of experience counseling clients in the development of intellectual property for companies ranging from innovative startups to companies listed on the Fortune 100. Mr. Hild's experience includes intellectual property portfolio planning and management; patent application drafting and prosecution; freedom to operate, patentability, and infringement opinion rendering; and preparing intellectual property agreements, such as patent and technology licensing, joint development agreements, and confidentiality agreements. Mr. Hild has also managed the foreign patent portfolio of US corporations, and has participated in European patent oppositions. He is also experienced in patent and trademark litigation.
Mr. Hild has prepared and prosecuted patent applications in a wide variety of chemical, electrical, and mechanical arts, as well as software applications, with a specialty in materials science, nanotechnology, energy, medical devices and microelectronics. Prior to joining Tutunjian and Bitetto P.C., Mr. Hild managed all aspects of the intellectual property portfolio of the automotive divisions of one of the world's largest aluminum companies.
Mr. Hild is skilled in a broad field of technologies including materials science, chemical engineering, nanotechnology, computers, networking, communications, software, internet technology and electronic commerce. Representative microelectronic disciplines include semiconductors, memory devices, capacitors, plasma/LCD/LED displays and solar cells. Examples of representative materials science disciplines include metallurgy, such as aluminum and steel alloys; lubricants, such as water and oil based automotive lubricants, metal working fluids and oil well drilling mud compositions; ceramic and glass compositions; carbon fiber synthesis and carbon fiber composites; nanotechnology including carbon nanotube synthesis, and applications to optical, mechanical and pressure sensors/devices; as well as polymer compositions and synthesis. Further interests in mechanical/automotive arts including hybrid and electric vehicles, lithium ion battery compositions, as well as powerplant, suspension and brake components for automotive applications.
New York 2003
Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center)
- Juris Doctor, 2002
University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Franklin Pierce Law Center)
- Master of Intellectual Property, 2002
Alfred University: New York State College of Ceramic Engineering
- B.S., Materials Science with a concentration in Ceramic Engineering, 1998